In order to keep your device secure from any kind of malware or Spyware, you must have security software installed in your device. For most of the pre-built Pcs, you will get an Anti-virus software installed. many people have reported that they have received Mcafee Security Products pre-installed in their device but they don’t want it. If you want to know how to delete Mcafee from your device when you are in the right place.
In this blog, we will explain to your how to remove McAfee from your computer quickly.
Ways To Uninstall Mcafee Antivirus From Windows
In order to Uninstall McAfee software from your device, you need to be very careful as it can affect the other files on your device. You can either use an uninstaller program to remove McAfee from your device completely or you can manually uninstall the program from your device. We have listed below the best available methods that can help both Windows and Mac users to successfully uninstall the software from your computer. Make sure to follow this process in order to successfully remove the software from your device.
Method: 1 Simple Steps To Remove Mcafee Using Settings
If you wish to uninstall Mcafee Antivirus from your device then follow these steps:
- Open the Settings by pressing the start button or simply press the Windows key and then enter Settings in the search field and then click on it.
- Now you need to click on the Apps menu.
- Now In the search field enter McAfee and press enter.
- It will open all the McAfee programs on the screen.
- Now select the McAfee software and then click on the Uninstall option.
- Now click on “Yes” when prompted to confirm the uninstall process.
- After this, the windows will ask for the Administrative password to complete the uninstallation process. McAfee software has different versions that can be uninstalled with this method properly.
Method: 2 Use McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool
If you are getting any kind of issue while removing the McAfee Software using settings then there are various alternatives available to complete the uninstallation process. You can also use the McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool To uninstall the software from your device. Follow the steps to use the Mcafee Removal Tool. make sure to save your work before using this tool and you might need to reboot your device after completing the removal process.
- Close all the programs and open the Internet Explorer Window.
- Now go to the Official website of McAfee and download the McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool.
- You won’t be required to install this tool in your device. Simply Run the file you have downloaded.
- Now you need to accept the “License and Agreement” and then enter the Captcha Code.
- Now click the Next option and then Wait until the Uninstallation process completes. This process may take time depending upon the size of the software.
- Once the process completes, Click on Log to know more about this process.
- Now if it prompts to reboot your device then Save your data and then restart your device.
Quick Steps to Uninstall Mcafee On Mac
For Mac Users, Uninstalling an application is quite an easy task. its Just require to drag the application to the trash folder and the application will be removed from the device. However, In the Case of Mcafee, it is quite Complex. It requires some different approaches to complete the uninstallation process. However, we have a quick way available that can be very effective for Mac users. Hence, If you are a Mac user then you can follow the method mentioned below to remove McAfee from your device.
- In order to Uninstall Mcafee from your device. You are required to login as an administrator. Now go to the application folder and then click on the utilities option.
- Now from the utilities folder, Open the terminal window.
- Now in the terminal Window, You need to enter a Command to remove the McAfee Antivirus from your device. if you are using Mcafee 4.8 or older then you need to enter the following command: sudo/Library/McAfee/sma/scripts/uninstall.sh. Or if you are using Mcafee 5.0 or the Latest versions then you need to enter the following command: sudo/Library/McAfee/cma/scripts/uninstall.sh.
- After entering the command, press the Enter Key.
- After hitting the enter key, the mac will delete the McAfee software, and its all files from your device. Once the process completes, Restart your device and use Mac without Mcafee Antivirus.
However, there are some instances where this command might not delete all the related files of the Mcafee software. In that case, you must use a Good uninstaller program to forcefully remove all the McAfee related files from your Mac. You can use the AppCleaner tool that is available for free in Mac. If you want to know about which is the best antivirus for your device then have a look at the comparison between McAfee VS Avast Antivirus.
So these are some of the Quick Ways that you can use if you wish to Uninstall McAfee software from your device. We have explained above the best methods that can help you in troubleshooting this error quickly.
If you have any queries related to McAfee software then you can contact us 24*7.